Just Spring-ing

It feels like a long, LONG time since i have really spent my Sunday.  Sunday for me has always been the most restful day of the week.  Not restful because we don't do anything per-say, just restful in the way that we do everything a little slower and will a little more care and thought.  We sleep until we wake - if i have had a particularly exhausting week at work then this is my catch up-sleep.  There is something so lovely about falling asleep on a Saturday night knowing that you can just sleep until your body is ready to wake up. Isn't that just the most luxurious FEELING?
*  *  *
I feel like i have been COLD for an eternity.  Even when the bright sun has lit up those blue skies so bright that i have to shield my eyes.    Today has been the very first day that i really felt the heat from that sunshine.  It warmed my little SOUL through and gave me hope.  Our sweet little attic is rife with receptacles of daffodils, tulips and anemones but the outside has never quite felt like Spring had arrived.  Yesterday's  beautiful afternoon proved that Winter is well and truly OVER for another year…
After filling my tummy with toasted stem ginger hot cross buns {M&S incase you're curious - i'm addicted!} i took my two-wheels to see if it really was as WARM outside as i thought.  I wasn't disappointed!  The warm wind tickled my nose and the sunshine danced upon my cheeks as i rode underneath blue skies and branches.  Snowdrops have started to SNEAK up in between all of the broken twigs, damp ground and tree-shaped paraphernalia that Winter has left behind.  It's the most beautiful contrast in colours and makes any sneaky green shoots look even GREENER!  
{First crocus!}
It's the FIRST time i haven't worn my Winter coat, woollen scarf and mittens in…well months.  Instead i dug out a sweet little floral quilted vintage Monsoon jacket and a glittery navy blue beret {what is it about SPRING that makes you drawn to everything navy?} and embraced cycling - glove-less.  It felt like heaven and i found myself thinking of bare legs, freckles and gelato as i cycled round and round our dear sweet park.
 
I can't WAIT until this sweet little embankment is just FILLED with crocuses - just wait until i show you how pretty it is - it's a sight to behold.  I lost count of how many times i whizzed around and about our park simply because it was such a pleasure to be outside.  I wasn't scurrying for cover, hiding my hands inside mittens from a bitterly cold wind or keeping my head down to avoid the drizzle.  I was soaking up every last INCH of Spring wonderful-ness.
*  *  *
How did you spend your Sunday?  Or were you LUCKY enough to enjoy a Saturday and Sunday of sunshine?  Did it feel like SPRING yesterday for you too?  What do you must enjoy about this time of year? I'd love to know i'm not the only Spring enthusiast!!!