Wednesday, 20 August 2014
Saturday, 16 August 2014
Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Friday, 8 August 2014
I have been trying my best to SLOW down lately. When work is so very busy i find it so hard to just sit still and slow down my pace when i am at home. I fidget, i half read things, half watch things and don't listen properly. I also bump into things a lot. Switching off from everything (almost) electrical - not counting netflix, British Bake Off etc - in the evenings has really helped. But my day off yesterday hit me hard. I really had to struggle to get up and felt like i could have slept for an eternity. Copious cups of tea, a little victoria sponge and lots of cuddles have helped though. I think my body is more than ready to slow down for a few days.
* * *
Aren't the evenings getting darker?! My after tea-shaped bike rides have me CHASING the sun all the way home and getting there just as it sinks behind the last of the day. I have also been notching the shower temperature up a little and a little bit enjoying a slouchy fine knit slung around my pyjamas in the evenings. I have also been trying to make the most of getting out and about in the GREEN before whizz and bang, it just blows all away. The very last of the wildflowers are lingering and my favourite wild hydrangea in the park is looking very sorry for itself!
I have been snatching all of the SUNSHINE that the days have given. Days that end like the above are worth savouring for as long as possible. I never get bored of watching the sun breaking through the trees and feel as if i could sit and watch it forever. Sometimes i do.
* * *
In other much more MUNDANE and less interesting, 'catch up' shaped news:
* i tried coconut milk for the first time this week. Oh my. I think it could be my favourite yet. I'm wondering if it would work as well in porridge…?
* The Mr accidentally cut off most of his beard this week in an electric shaving-shaped emergency. I miss it already. A man with a beard is pretty high up on my list. I can't express my sadness too much though as he is as equally distraught as me. I am hoping that it will grow back quickly!
* After having seen hardly any wasps this summer we are having some what of a wasp infestation in our little somewhere. I have had to artfully (read: glass and envelope/harshly wafted tea towel/a stern word or ten) remove four in the last 48 hours.
* We watched the first episode of The Great British Bake Off on Wednesday evening and i am already counting down the days until the next one. In fact, i even watched it again over breakfast yesterday morning.
* I read the new Simple Things magazine cover to cover on Wednesday evening whilst lay on the sofa with the Mr and a big cup of chai tea. It's been so long since i did that. Praise be to leaving that phone of mine in the other room and long may it continue!
* I have been sleeping better than ever before and feeling ever so much more productive, bouncy and happy - long may this also continue.
* We had a little jaunt to a Gap outlet at the weekend (i know right GAP OUTLET) it's only taken us about two years and the Mr's jeans to pretty much disintegrate to get us to bloody go. We stocked up on jeans, and i wanted to buy THE WHOLE LOT OF EVERYTHING. Man i love Gap. I hadn't realised quite how much until last weekend. We have already made a pact to return once autumn hits so that we can stock up on jumpers, socks and cosy apparel. I am already excited.
* Evenings spent watching the Good Food channel is pretty much the only reason to have Sky lately. Who doesn't want to watch Rachel Khoo, Jamie Oliver and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall on tap..?!
Consider yourself fully updated you lucky DUCKS. What have you all been UP to then? Any plans for this weekend? I am wishing you all a splendid one! And if you could all cross your fingers and toes for some Scottish sunshine for me too then that would be great thanks.